Current version posted on: 04/01/2021
Christos Golfinopoulos, Attorney-at-Law, with offices at Pantanassis 64, Patras, 26221, Greece, with Tax Identification Number 067767727, registered with Patras Bar Association under no. 1051, hereinafter the “Lawyer”, in his capacity either as a Data Controller or as a Data Processor on behalf of the Controller in the context of the General Data Protection Regulation EU 2016/679 in force since 25/05/2018 and as currently in force, hereinafter “GDPR”, and implementing Greek Law Law 4624/2019, hereby provides you with the following information concerning the processing of your personal data and your rights as a data subject.
Obligation to protect Personal Data
The Lawyer undertakes to protect the personal data of its clients and to comply with the provisions of the legislation in force concerning the protection of personal data. The Lawyer does not collect information relating to clients or any third party contacting the Lawyer seeking legal services unless they themselves provide such information. Personal data are requested by the Lawyer only for the special and specific purposes mentioned herein and may be communicated by any appropriate means at the time of their communication.
Personal and business Data that Lawyer may collect
Information which the Lawyer may collect and constitute personal data is the following:
|Clients and third parties related to or interacting with the client (such as employees, contractors, counter parties, adversaries etc.)
|First name, last name, parent’s names, date of birth, e-mail, telephone numbers, address, Personal Tax No., Social Security No., Personal ID No., other personal information depending on the case and the services requested
|The provision of legal services and complying with legal obligations, including tax law
|For as long as necessary to provide the legal services until final closing of the case file and for an additional period as required by applicable law
|Website visitors contacting the Lawyer.
|First name, last name, e-mail or other contact information provided by the individual via the online contact form
|To respond to a contact or information request submitted from the website visitor via the online form.
|For 24 months from last contact and/or communication
The information mentioned above is provided either by the data subjects, or by third parties-data controllers who possess and lawfully process it, (a) when you/they make contact for the first time; (b) when you/they communicate, transact and work and with the Lawyer by any means available in the context of seeking legal services and during the provision of such services; (c) when you/they visit and browse the website and web pages of the Lawyer. The provision of the information mentioned above may take place at various instances and by different means, such as via printed documents or online forms, telephone or email, online communications and meetings, through a member of a business partner, through the employer or a member of the personnel of the data subject or a third-party data controller or their business partner. The Lawyer may also collect information concerning the data subject, for example when, either the data subject, or the third party-data controller who possesses and lawfully processes personal data of the data subject (a) asks for information or submits a request, a query etc. through the website or by other means way using the contact information of the Lawyer, (b) registers with any promotional service or activity of the Lawyer (such as newsletters) or (c) the Lawyer or any of his personnel visits web pages on which the information mentioned above has been lawfully posted and made publicly available.
Purpose for collecting and processing personal data by the Lawyer
The Lawyer uses the personal data he collects for the following purposes:
- Mail and contact in order to perform its professional activities and conduct all of its transactions.
- Entering into and executing agreements and providing legal services.
- Complying with any mandatory obligations under any applicable law, including tax law.
- Sending of promotional material and marketing activities.
Legal basis for processing
The Lawyer processes the personal data it collects under any of the following legal bases:
- Processing is a legal or contractual obligation of the Lawyer.
- Processing is necessary for the Lawyer to enter into or execute an agreement, or to carry out and complete transactions and to provide legal services in the context of its professional activities.
- Processing serves the operational needs as well as the professional interests of the Lawyer and the business needs of the clients, such as compliance with legal and contractual obligations, the defense – legal protection and exercise of the client’s rights, or the provision of information about and the promotion of the Lawyer’s services .
- The data subject has in advance expressly, explicitly and specifically consented to the processing of personal data in a specific way and for a specific purpose.
Disclosure of personal data
The Lawyer may disclose the personal data it collects to third parties only in the following cases:
- To the personnel or to business partners of the Lawyer on a need-to-know basis in order for them to perform their tasks and/or to provide their services to the Lawyer, in the context of the professional activity of the Lawyer and the provision of services to the client and under a relevant contract which includes terms and conditions, covenants and obligations concerning the protection of personal data by such persons.
- If disclosure is obligatory by law or results from an order, a decision, an investigation or an inspection by any competent administrative, judicial, police or other authority etc.
- The data subject has in advance expressly and specifically consented to the disclosure of the personal data in a specific way and for a specific purpose.
The Lawyer does not transfer personal data outside the European Economic Area.
Retention of Personal Data
The Lawyer retains the personal data it collects for as long as necessary to fulfil the purpose of their collection as well as any for additional period of time required by any applicable legislation or following a prior written and specific consent of the data subject.
Security of Personal Data
The Lawyer takes all necessary organizational and technical measures to protect the data from accidental or unlawful destruction, accidental loss, alteration, prohibited dissemination or access and any other form of unlawful processing.
Rights of the Data Subject
In brief, the data subject has the following rights towards the Lawyer:
- Right to information: To request information, in addition to the above-mentioned in this Privacy Notice, regarding the way in which the Lawyer uses his/her personal data and his/her rights.
- Right of access: To obtain access to his/her own personal data and to related information such as the processing purposes, the data categories, their origin and their recipients, if any.
- Right to rectification: to rectify his/her personal data if they are inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to erasure: To request the erasure of his/her personal data when (a) they are no longer necessary for the purposes for which they were collected or (b) there is no lawful justification for the Lawyer to continue using them or (c) if the data subject has withdrawn his/her consent.
- Right to restriction of processing: To restrict, in some cases, further processing of his/her personal data.
- Right to data portability: To receive his/her personal data and/or request that the Lawyer transmits them to another data controller.
- Right to object: to object at any time to the processing of his/her personal data for reasons relating to the performance of a duty carried out for reasons of public interest or in exercise of public authority or the existence of a legitimate interest, following the balancing of interests, including profiling.
For any further questions or queries concerning the use of personal data, the Lawyer shall make best efforts to respond in writing to the data subject within thirty (30) days from the date of the request. Within the same period of time the Lawyer will inform the subject of any important reasons which do not allow the Lawyer to respond to such request.
In any event, the information will be provided free of charge with the exception of profoundly groundless, exaggerated or repeated requests, for which a reasonable fee may be charged for Lawyer’s administrative costs.
In all cases mentioned above, as well as in case of contact for any of the topics mentioned above, you may send us your request at email@example.com
The Lawyer uses the following cookies:
- Google Analytics: collects anonymized statistical data with regards to the use of the Lawyer’s webpages.
Changes to the Privacy Notice
The Lawyer reserves its right to amend this Privacy Notice at any time in order to adapt it to adjust it to the Lawyer’s personal data protection policy of the Lawyer and the applicable legislation as in force. The date of the latest version will be first written above.